In 1998 a number of people from several different organizations who were interested in member care began to network together. They saw the need to encourage each other and to increase the member care services available to people in this part of the world. From this networking group, The Well began in 1999 under the leadership of Harry Hoffman. Over the years The Well grew as a member care resource and attracted people from several different helping disciplines including counseling, pastoral care, and prayer ministries.
The network of member care providers saw the need for additional counseling services to be available in Chiang Mai. Under the leadership of Dr. Timothy Friesen and with the help of the Narramore Christian Foundation, Cornerstone Counseling Center was established in the fall of 2004, later becoming Cornerstone Counseling Foundation (CCF).p>Since that time, these two sister organizations, though having different primary purposes, have continued to work together to provide member care services in Chiang Mai and throughout Asia. Cornerstone focuses primarily on counseling and treatment services by licensed professional therapists, whereas The Well focuses on broader member care and preventive services, which also includes counseling. We encourage you to look at both web sites [www.thewellcm.com and www.ccfthailand.org] to get a better idea of the services and personnel at each agency.
- Uncomfortable, overwhelming, or difficult-to-control feelings
- Unproductive behavior habits that you have not been able to change
- Situations that leave you feeling stuck
- Difficulties in family or work relationships
- Traumatic experiences or major losses
- Concerns about the future
- Difficulties with or questions about medications (our staff psychiatrist could help)
- Disturbing thoughts
- Coaching or direction in personal growth
- Information about unfamiliar issues or situations
- Debriefing for unusual or stressful experiences
- Consultation in a time of transition
- Assistance to gain closure for a particular period of time before moving on
- Help in seeking a more objective view from someone outside your situation
- Review of issues and factors involved in a major decision
- Assistance in team-building in organizations
- The client’s identified issues and concerns
- The counselor's experience, expertise, and specialized training
- The counselor's gender, if this is a concern for the client
- The counselor's availability
- The client’s requests
I have a question that is not listed here?
Not a problem! Contact us to let us know what you would like to know! We might even include it on our FAQ page.